Animals are under constant threat of invasion by a diverse range of microorganisms that seek to enter the body and exploit its resources for shelter and food. Once an organism passes the physical barriers to entry, it is confronted by the “hard wired” system of innate immunity and the highly complex, adaptable, and incredibly effective adaptive immune system.
- Overview of Immunologic Diseases
- Immunodeficiency Diseases
- Diagnosis of Primary Immunodeficiencies
- Excessive Immune Function
- Tumors of the Immune System
Immune SystemSections (A-Z)
The Biology of the Immune System
Also of Interest
Which of the following cell types produces antibodies (immunoglobulins)?