Laurie Hess, DVM, DABVP
Specialties and Expertise
- Avian medicine, Exotic pet care
- DVM: Cummings School of Veterinary Medicine, Tufts University
- Internship and Residency: Animal Medical Center, New York City
- Diplomate, American Board of Veterinary Practitioners (ABVP) - Avian Medicine
Select Awards, Achievements, and Publications
- Thielen LE, Sledge DG, Hess L. Ocular iridociliary adenoma in a Congo African grey parrot (Psittacus erithacus). J Avian Med Surg. 2019;33(3):278-284.
- Ravich ML, Reavill DR, Hess L, Childress AL, Wellehan JFX. “Gastrointestinal cryptosporidiosis in captive psittacine birds in the United States: a case review. J Avian Med Surg. 2014;28(4):297-303.
- Bronze Bird for Recognition as President, Association of Avian Veterinarians, 2010
- President’s Award for Outstanding Service, Association of Avian Veterinarians, 2006–2007
Manual Chapters and Commentaries