Nina Yu-Hsin Kung, PhD, MSc, BVSc, BVM, FACTM
Specialties and Expertise
- Veterinary epidemiology; Emergency animal disease prevention, response, control, and proof of freedom; Animal disease spread modeling; Zoonoses: Hendra virus, Lyssaviruses, influenza viruses; Food safety: salmonellosis, HACCP (Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Point)
- BVSc and PhD: Massey University, New Zealand
- BVM: National Taiwan University, Taipei, Republic of China
- MSc: James Cook University, Queensland, Australia
- Fellow, Australasian College of Tropical Medicine (ACTM)
Select Awards, Achievements, and Publications
- Achievement Award, Department of Agriculture and Fisheries, 2020
- Kung NYH. Hendra virus in the field—risk profiling and management. Int J Infect Dis. 2019;79(suppl 6).
- Kung NY, Field HE, McLaughlin A, Edson D, Taylor M. Flying-foxes in the Australian urban environment—community attitudes and opinions. One Health. 2015;1:24-30.
- Field H, Kung N. Henipaviruses—unanswered questions of lethal zoonoses. Curr Opin Virol. 2011;1(6):658-661.
Manual Chapters and Commentaries