THE MERCK VETERINARY MANUAL 2017 SURVEY OFFICIAL RULES
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND NECESSARY TO ENTER, PLAY, OR CLAIM A PRIZE.
A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT WILL NOT INCREASE AN ENTRANT’S CHANCES OF WINNING.
OPEN TO ELIGIBLE LEGAL RESIDENTS OF THE 50 U.S. STATES AND THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA.
Void IN PUERTO RICO AND where OTHERWISE prohibited or restricted by law.
The Merck Veterinary Manual Promotion (the “Promotion”) is sponsored by Merck Sharp & Dohme Corp., 2000 Galloping Hill Road, Kenilworth, N.J. 07033 (the “Sponsor”).
2. ELIGIBILITY: An Entrant in the Promotion must be a legal resident of the 50 United States or District of Columbia and be at least eighteen (18) years of age (or, in the case of residents of Alabama or Nebraska, nineteen (19) years of age, and in the case of Mississippi twenty-one (21) years of age) as of time of entry. Officers, directors, employees, agents, sales representatives, distributors, and employees of Sponsor, their parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, and their advertising, promotion and Web design agencies and the household members and immediate family members (e.g., children, spouse, siblings, parents and the "steps" of each of the aforementioned) (“Sponsor & Others”), and other individuals/entities directly associated with the Promotion are not eligible to enter or win.
3. The Promotion is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and/or regulations and every action taken by an Entrant must comply with these laws and regulations. The Promotion is void in Puerto Rico and where otherwise prohibited or restricted by law.
4. Participation in the Promotion constitutes Entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and Sponsor’s decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Promotion. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
5. HOW TO ENTER: During the Promotion Period, an eligible entrant (“Entrant”) must visit https://www.facebook.com/MerckVetManual (the “The Merck Veterinary Manual Facebook page”) or http://www.merckvetmanual.com/ (the “The Merck Veterinary Manual website”). To enter the Promotion, the Entrant must complete the survey. Winners will be selected randomly each month at the sole discretion of the Merck Manual’s social media team. During each of the (12) Monthly Giveaway periods, one (1) Entrant will be selected to receive a Merck Veterinary Manual.
6. Entries (completed surveys) must be received no later than 11:59:59 PM ET on the date defined below in Section 4 to be eligible for that Monthly Giveaway Period’s drawings. Non-winning entries will not roll over into Monthly Giveaway Periods. Any attempted form of participation in this Promotion other than as described herein is void. The entry period will be open for the duration of the month, twelve (12) months total.
7. Each Entrant understands that this Promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administrated by, or associated with, Facebook®,Twitter®, or any other social media network. By entering, you understand that you are providing your information to Sponsor and not Facebook®,Twitter®, or any other social media network. Further, you specifically agree to release Facebook®,Twitter®, or any other social media network from any and all liability associated with this Promotion.
8. No more than one (1) Monthly Prize will be awarded per Entrant throughout the Promotion Period, regardless of surveys completed.
9. RANDOM DRAWINGS: On or about each date below, Sponsor select (1) entry from among all eligible entries received during the applicable Monthly Giveaway Period.
10. PRIZES, APPROXIMATE RETAIL VALUES (“ARV”), AND ODDS OF WINNING: One Entrant will be selected as the prize winner for each Monthly Giveaway Period (the “Prize Winners”). The Prize Winner for each Monthly Giveaway Period is subject to verification and compliance with these Official Rules. The total ARV of all Prizes: $720.00. The odds of an Entrant being selected as the Prize Winner for each Monthly Giveaway Period depends upon the number of eligible entries received in that Monthly Sweepstakes Period.
11. HOW TO CLAIM PRIZES: The Prize Winners for each Monthly Giveaway Period will be notified via e-mail on or about the notification date set forth in Section 4. The Prize Winners must respond to the notification message within 24 hours of receiving the notification message to claim the Prize and supply a complete mailing address, or the Sponsor may select an alternative Prize Winner. Upon verification of eligibility, each Prize will be sent to the Prize Winner within fifteen (15) business days of responding to the notification message. If a Potential Winner is found to be ineligible; is not in compliance with these Official Rules; declines to accept the Prize; or if the Prize is returned as undeliverable, such Prize will be forfeited and, in the Sponsor’s sole discretion, may or may not be awarded to an alternate Winner selected at random from the remaining pool of eligible Entrants from that Monthly Giveaway Period.
12. The Sponsor shall not be responsible or liable for entries that are entered by other than human means (such as by an automated computer program or any non-human mechanism, entity, or device), in excess of the stated limit, or for entries that are late, forged, destroyed, lost, misplaced, stolen, misdirected, tampered with, incomplete, deleted, damaged, garbled, or otherwise not in compliance with these Official Rules, and all such entries will be disqualified. The right to receive a Prize is non-assignable, non-transferable and no prize substitution, exchange, or cash equivalent will be allowed, except by Sponsor, who reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value in case of the unavailability of a prize or force majeure. Federal, state, and local taxes, if any, are solely the responsibility of each Prize Winner.
13. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: Sponsor & Others (for this Section 7, the term “Others” will include Facebook®) are not responsible for illegible, lost, late, incomplete, stolen, misdirected, postage due, or undeliverable e-mail or postal mail; for any computer, telephone, satellite, cable, network, electronic, or Internet hardware or software malfunctions, failures, connections, or availability; garbled, corrupt, or jumbled transmissions, service provider/Internet/Web site/use net accessibility, availability, or traffic congestion; any technical, mechanical, printing, or typographical or other error; unauthorized human intervention; the incorrect or inaccurate capture of registration information, or the failure to capture, or loss of, any such information. Sponsor & Others are not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by any Web site users, tampering, hacking, or by any of the equipment or programming associated with, or utilized in, the Promotion, and assume no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, technical error, theft, destruction, or unauthorized access to any Web site(s). Sponsor & Others are not responsible for any injury, including death, or damage, whether personal or property, to Entrant’s or to any person's computer related to, or resulting from, participating in the Promotion and/or accepting a Prize. If, for any reason, an entry is confirmed to have been erroneously deleted, lost, or otherwise destroyed, corrupted or for any other reason not accepted as an entry into the Promotion, the Entrant’s sole remedy is to submit another entry. If, for any reason, the Promotion is not capable of running as planned, Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify, or suspend the Promotion and/or proceed with the Promotion, including the selection of Monthly Sweepstakes Period Prize Winners, in a manner it deems fair and reasonable, including the selection of winners from among eligible entries received prior to such cancellation, termination, modification, or suspension. SPONSOR & OTHERS MAKE NO WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NONINFRINGEMENT AS REGARDS ANY PRIZE OR ANY COMPONENTS OF THE PRIZES. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED, AS SOME JURISDICTIONS MAY NOT ALLOW LIMITATIONS OF EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OR EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES. A CONTESTANT MUST CHECK LOCAL LAWS TO LEARN IF ANY OF THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY.
Further, Sponsor & Others are not responsible for, and shall be indemnified, by Prize Winners against any claims, injuries, losses, or damages of any kind resulting from acceptance, use, misuse, possession, or loss of a prize. IN NO EVENT WILL SPONSOR & OTHERS BE RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES OR LOSSES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF YOUR ACCESS TO, AND USE OF, THE WEB SITE OR DOWNLOADING FROM AND/OR PRINTING MATERIAL DOWNLOADED FROM: https://www.facebook.com/MerckVetManual OR ANY OTHER WEB SITE ASSOCIATED WITH THIS CONTEST. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, EVERYTHING ON THE WEB SITE IS PROVIDED “AS IS” WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. SOME JURISDICTIONS MAY NOT ALLOW LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OR EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES SO SOME OF THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. CHECK YOUR LOCAL LAWS FOR ANY RESTRICTIONS OR LIMITATIONS REGARDING THESE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS.
In addition, Sponsor & Others are not responsible for, and shall be defended, indemnified, held harmless and released by, each Entrant against any claims, liabilities, lawsuits, judgments, causes of action, proceedings, injuries, death, losses, costs, expenses, or damages of any kind resulting or arising from, or in connection with, an Entrant’s participation in the Promotion or acceptance, receipt, delivery, use, nonuse, misuse, defect in, inability to use, possession, or loss of a Prize. In particular, by entering the Promotion, each Entrant agrees to waive all of his/her rights to bring any claim, action, or proceeding against Sponsor & Others in connection with the Promotion; and to forever and irrevocably agree to release, defend, indemnify, and hold harmless Sponsor & Others from any and all claims, lawsuits, judgments, causes of action, proceedings, demands, fines, penalties, liability costs and expenses (including, without limitation, reasonable outside attorneys’ fees) for any injuries, losses, or damages of any kind to persons, including death, or property resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from: (a) the Promotion, including, but not limited to, any Promotion-related activity or element thereof, and the Entrant’s entry, participation, or inability to participate in the Promotion, (b) the violation of any third party privacy, personal, publicity, or proprietary rights, (c) typographical or printing errors in these Official Rules or any Promotion materials, (d) acceptance, delivery of, possession, defects in, use, non-use, misuse, inability to use, loss or damage in connection with, the use of a Prize, (e) any change in the prize awarded due to reasons beyond Sponsor’s control, including but not limited to by reason of any acts of God, any action(s), regulation(s), order(s) or request(s) by any governmental or quasi-governmental entity (whether or not such action(s), regulation(s), order(s) or request(s) prove(s) to be invalid), equipment failure, threatened or actual terrorist acts, earthquake, war, fire, flood, explosion, weather, embargo, labor dispute or strike, labor or material shortage, transportation interruption, work slow-down, or any other cause beyond Sponsor’s control, (f) any interruptions in or postponement, cancellation, or modification of the Promotion, (g) human error, (h) incorrect or inaccurate transcription, receipt, or transmission of any part of the entry, (i) any technical malfunctions or unavailability of the Web sites, computer system, computer online system, computer timing and/or dating mechanism, computer equipment, software, or Internet service provider, or mail service utilized by Sponsor & Others or by an Entrant, (j) interruption or inability to access the Promotion, the Page or any other Promotion-related web pages, or any online service via the Internet due to hardware or software compatibility problems, (k) any damage to Entrant’s (or any third person’s) computer and/or its contents related to, or resulting from, any part of the Promotion, (l) any lost/delayed data transmissions, omissions, interruptions, defects, and/or any other errors or malfunctions, (m) any late, lost, stolen, mutilated, misdirected, illegible, delayed, garbled, corrupted, destroyed, incomplete, undeliverable or damaged entries, (n) any wrongful, negligent, or unauthorized act or omission on the part of Sponsor & Others, (o) lost, late, stolen, misdirected, damaged or destroyed prizing (or any element thereof), (p) the collection, use, and/or sharing of Entrant’s personally identifiable information by Sponsor or its designees, or (q) the negligence or willful misconduct by Entrant.
14. DISPUTES: THE PROMOTION IS GOVERNED BY, AND WILL BE CONSTRUED IN ACCORDANCE WITH, THE LAWS OF THE STATE OF PENNSYLVANIA, AND THE FORUM AND VENUE FOR ANY DISPUTE SHALL BE IN MONTGOMERY COUNTY, PENNSYLVANIA. IF THE CONTROVERSY OR CLAIM IS NOT OTHERWISE RESOLVED THROUGH DIRECT DISCUSSIONS OR MEDIATION, IT SHALL THEN BE RESOLVED BY FINAL AND BINDING ARBITRATION ADMINISTERED BY THE AMERICAN ARBITRATION ASSOCIATION IN ACCORDANCE WITH ITS ARBITRATION RULES AND PROCEDURES OR SUBSEQUENT VERSIONS THEREOF (“AAA RULES”). THE AAA RULES FOR SELECTION OF AN ARBITRATOR SHALL BE FOLLOWED, EXCEPT THAT THE ARBITRATOR SHALL BE EXPERIENCED AND LICENSED TO PRACTICE LAW IN PENNSYLVANIA. ALL PROCEEDINGS BROUGHT PURSUANT TO THIS PARAGRAPH WILL BE CONDUCTED IN MONTGOMERY COUNTY, PENNSYLVANIA. ENTRANTS AGREE THAT THE STATUTE OF LIMITATIONS FOR ASSERTING ANY CLAIMS SHALL BE A PERIOD OF ONE YEAR FROM THE END DATE OF THE PROMOTION PERIOD. ENTRANTS AGREE THAT ANY AND ALL DISPUTES, CLAIMS, AND CAUSES OF ACTION ARISING OUT OF OR CONNECTED WITH THE PROMOTION OR ANY PRIZE AWARDED SHALL BE RESOLVED INDIVIDUALLY, WITHOUT RESORT TO ANY FORM OF CLASS ACTION.
16. PUBLICITY RIGHTS: By participating in the Promotion and/or accepting a Prize, each Entrant grants Sponsor and/or Sponsor's designee the perpetual right to use his/her name, biographical information, photos and/or likeness, and statements for promotion, trade, commercial, advertising, and publicity purposes, at any time or times, world wide, in all media now known or hereafter discovered, including live television, and the World Wide Web and Internet, including by posting the Prize Winner's name and biographical information on The Merck Veterinary Manual Facebook and Twitter pages following each drawing, without notice, review or approval, and without additional compensation, except where otherwise prohibited by law.
17. GENERAL: NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT WILL NOT INCREASE AN ENTRANT’S CHANCES OF WINNING. By entering the Promotion, each Entrant agrees (i) to be bound by these Official Rules and by all applicable laws and decisions of Sponsor which shall be binding and final; and (ii) to waive any rights to claim ambiguity with respect to these Official Rules. If it is suspected by Sponsor in its sole and absolute discretion that an Entrant has registered or attempted to register more than once using multiple e-mail addresses, Facebook® Accounts, telephone numbers, or multiple identities, all of the Entrant’s entries will be declared null and void, and any prize an Entrant might have been entitled to will not be awarded to that Entrant. In the event of a dispute as to the identity of a Prize Winner based on an e-mail address, the winning entry will be declared made by the authorized account holder of the e-mail address submitted at time of entry. "Authorized account holder" is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an e-mail address by an Internet access provider, on-line service provider, or other organization (e.g., business, educational institution) that is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any individual found, in its sole opinion, to be tampering with the operation of the Promotion; to be acting in violation of these Official Rules; or to be acting in an unsportsmanlike manner or with the intent to disrupt the normal operation of the Promotion. Any use of robotic, automatic, macro, programmed third-party or like methods to participate in the Promotion will void any attempted participation effected by such methods and the disqualification of the individual utilizing the same. All entries and/or materials submitted become the property of Sponsor and will not be returned. In the event of any conflict with any Promotion details contained in these Official Rules and Promotion details contained in Promotion Materials (including but not limited to point of sale, television, and print advertising, promotional packaging, and other promotion media), the details of the Promotion as set forth in these Official Rules shall prevail.
WINNERS’ LIST: For a list of Prize Winners, interested individuals should place their name and address on a 3"x 5" card and mail it in an envelope to: Winners List, Merck Manual Promotion, 351 N. Sumneytown Pike, North Wales, PA, 19454-2505. Winner List requests will only be accepted after the Promotion Period end date (listed above), but requests must be received no later than June 11, 2018.
SPONSOR: Merck Sharp & Dohme Corp., 2000 Galloping Hill Rd, Kenilworth, N.J. 07033
This Promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administrated by, or associated with Facebook®. Contestants understand that they are providing their information to the Sponsor and not to Facebook®. Facebook® is a registered trademark of Facebook, Inc. All rights reserved.
© 2017 Merck & Co. All rights reserved.