Mark D. Kittleson, DVM, PhD, DACVIM-Cardiology
Specialties and Expertise
- DVM: University of Minnesota
- MS and Residency: Kansas State University
- PhD: The Ohio State University Board Certifications
- Diplomate, American College of Veterinary Internal Medicine (ACVIM) - Cardiology
Select Awards, Achievements, and Publications
- Kittleson MD, Meurs KM. Detecting mutations in the feline cardiac myosin binding protein C gene associated with hypertrophic cardiomyopathy in cats. US Patent #7442509, 2008
- Meurs KM, Sanchez X, . . . , Kittleson MD. A cardiac myosin binding protein C mutation in the Maine Coon cat with familial hypertrophic cardiomyopathy. Hum Mol Genet. 2005;14(23):3587-3593.
- Kittleson MD, Meurs KM, Munro MJ, et al. Familial hypertrophic cardiomyopathy in Maine coon cats: an animal model of human disease. Circulation. 1999;99(24):3172-3180.
- Pion PD, Kittleson MD, Rogers QR, Morris JG. Myocardial failure in cats associated with low plasma taurine: a reversible cardiomyopathy. Science. 1987;237(4816):764-768.
Manual Chapters and Commentaries